I had so much fun on the 4th of July this year. It was definately a lot different than last year where I experienced the most embarrassing moment of my life, spent two hours in traffic to go three miles after fireworks (not fun), and where my mom had to go to the hospital after a freak accident at a water park. But, I am happy to say nothing of that sort happened this year.
First off, the 4th of July is my second favorite holiday, behind the Christmas season (yes I consider Thanksgiving through Christmas one holiday). So I needless to say I wanted to do something fun after the events of last year. Stephanie had come down for the weekend to visit! On thursday night we met up with my cousin, Liz, and Sharla to watch fireworks in Bountiful at this golf course. It was probably the best fireworks show I have seen in a long time. Then on Saturday after running errands me, Steph and Sharla went shopping and eventually met up with my cousin again for dinner. After that we decided to tie dye shirts. Yes we're twelve. But it was so much fun. I had always wanted to learn how and it will definately be useful in the future to know how. After that we set out a blanket and watched the stadium of fire and some more friends came and joined us. We were able to see the screen so we actually saw the concert before the fireworks. On Saturday we met up with Lindsey and Steve and went to the Zoo with my little nieces which was so fun. Funny story. I had asked my two-year old niece if she saw some fireworks the night before. She got really excited and said that she had lit some
Faw-ka-lers (pernouncing ever sylable). It was so funny. I kept having her say it the rest of the day cause it was so cute.
I hope all of you had a Happy 4th of July too!!!
5 comments:
I love it that you went to the eaglewood 4th of july fireworks show! I miss those festivities! And i love it that you and sharla are such good friends... she is such a great girl!
Yes. Those were the best fireworks! And yes we are still twelve inside, or at least I am! Haha, teaching tie dye classes! Anyway, that was really fun!!
That sounds like so much fun! Especially the faw-ka-lers! I want to see pictures of the shirts you tie-died!!
I loved the farkeler too Lisa!
but there's no presents for the 4th! jk sigh :( i wish i had blond hair, blue eyes and pouty lips like the johnson girls :)
Post a Comment