Thursday, April 10

Nesting

A couple Sundays ago we were in our living room and I could hear a bird just outside our front door. It was so loud that I thought it was in our house at one point. We opened the door. Looked around didn't find anything. After a couple times Scott looked behind him on the door an noticed a nest that had been made in the wreath I had put on the front door.


I was kinda grossed out cause I didn't want a dirty bird touching my wreath ... even more I didn't want to have to touch it to get it out of my wreath. It wasn't until a couple days later that we actually looked at it closely and found 5 eggs inside of the nest. I'll admit it's actually pretty cool seeing the innovation of animals, but why did they have to do it on my front porch? Doesn't the bird know that I have a history of accidentally killing animals?


Now we are trying to figure out what to do next. I am thinking of just moving the entire wreath until they all hatch and fly away and then destroy the nest. 

2 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

That is CRAZY! Maybe you could pretend its a fake nest and its just part of your wreath...ala circa 1991...

Andrea said...

That is actually super cool! I would leave it in to just to see the eggs hatch!
Andrea