Sunday, November 14

cat lady

I joke all the time that I'm destined to become a cat lady. Except there is one problem. I am not too fond of cats. I mean I am fine with people having cats and all. I just don't want one myself. Though when I tell people that, they don't believe me. I guess my track record with cats probably doesn't help.

My brother even nick named me cat killer after I accidentally ran over his cat a few years back. I mean he loved that thing. I refused to touch it. Mostly because it was a stray and we didn't know where it came from. It could have rabies for all we knew. We didn't even know if it was a boy or a girl. It's name was simply Cat.

Anyway, it was a summer afternoon. I was home from college and was off to my awesome job at Pizza Hut. That's right. Be jealous. I turned on the car and started reversing out of the driveway when I ran over something. I quickly got out of the car as the cat was yelping and limping into the garage. My heart sunk. Of course it had to be me, the one who refused to touch the thing (I even shewed it out of the garage with a broom one time so I wouldn't have to touch it).

That cat was my brother's baby. I felt and still feel horrible. They ended up having to take the cat to the vet and put it to sleep (but we did finally find out it was a girl). I mean my brother loved that cat so much he taped some of the cat's hair in his journal.

So when I found out this week my sister bought a kitten for my nieces I just had to laugh. It is actually a pretty cute kitten. But I made sure to warn her that they will have to be extra careful when I'm around ... with my tainted past and all. Actually I think my exact wording to Lindsey was Your gonna have to hide your kids, hide your cat... cause you never know what's gonna happen with Lisa around.

From now on though, I will be double checking what is behind my car before I back out of their driveway. I do not want to repeat history.

I'm starting to think it might be safer for me to be a bag lady instead of a cat lady. Though if I had a cat I would really like to dress it up like this...


Ha. Just kidding. 
I don't know why but this picture makes me laugh so hard.

3 comments:

Yours Truly said...

Call Adrienne right now for the funniest cat story told in RS today. Long live new little Sam and long live Sullivan ward crazies.

Gillian Michelle said...

hahahaha! i love this post. so funny.

The Simon Fam! said...

We totally have to have a birthday party for Sam next year and dress him up like this (if aunt Lisa doesnt kill him before that) :) Funny!