Thursday, November 20

{ carrie underwood }

Last night I had the opportunity to go to the Carrie Underwood concert. And it was AMAZING to say the least. For those of you who don’t know, I absolutely love Carrie Underwood. I have always thought that not only is she incredibly talented, she is a good-natured wholesome person. I think she has taken her well-deserved fame with grace and has not been affected by Hollywood. I have even said in a conversation I had once that if I could look like any celebrity I would choose to look like her. With that said I didn’t even know I was going to go until an hour and a half before the concert started. Crazy!!

My old roommate was going with a couple of girls but last minute couldn’t come. She just told her to give the ticket away. So knowing how much I would love to go, she called me and invited me.

This is how our conversation went:

Me (driving my car to the gym): Hello Miss Emilly!
Em: Hey there. What are you doing tonight?
Me: Not much. Just going to the gym right now.
Em: No you're not.
Me: (thinking to myself) How would she know? She lives like an hour away.
Me: Yes I am (still wondering what she was on...as she fully endorses gym attendance).
Em: No you're not. Turn your car around right now. You're coming to the Carrie Underwood concert with me.
Me: Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. You're not serious.
Em: Yes I am.
No: You're not. Shut up.
Em: (proceeds to give me information and directions)
Em: OK well call me when you get there.
Me: (still in shock) OK OK I will. Love you....I mean...uh...I didn't mean to say that. But I uh...ya....uh...See you soon.
Em: (Laughing uncontrollably) Bye.


It made my night (dare I say year?) and it was so much fun to go!



3 comments:

DaNae said...

I bet that was an awesome concert! You totally got hooked up and you look so cute too.

Monica McCoy said...

Dude, I am way jealous. How fun!

Doug & Stef said...

not to mention she dated chace crawford and he's really hot :) isn't that of equal importance?