This month is my least favorite month out of the entire year. And you might think is it just because it's Valentine's Day month. Though I think Valentine's Day is probably one of the most pointless holidays ever and totally over commercialized ... that is not really the reason.
February seems to be a cursed month for me (so to say). In addition to the weather being downright depressing and bleak, there always seems to be something that goes terribly wrong for me within this month.
Each year now I start this month with hesitation because of it. Last year, though, I had nothing bad to report so cross your fingers ... this curse might be over. Only time can tell I guess. Nothing bad yet. With that said I've got to look at the glass half-full, right? I am determined to officially break this curse (or whatever I should call it).
So here are my Favorites for February. Enjoy.
1. Your Heart Out
Your Heart Out is one of my new favorite blogs to visit. It is super classy. It has anything from good restaurants in Utah to cute boutiques to good ideas for home decorating and fashion. It also advertises good sales happening in Utah. Check it out.
CLICK HERE

2. David Archeletta's CD
Before you start making fun of me ... listen to his CD. It is actually really good. I listen to it all the time.
3. Blink
So my good friend Jillian told me about the book Blink written by Malcom Gladwell and let me borrow it. She told me a little bit about it and said that she couldn't put it down. It is about the subconscious-split decisions our mind makes, why it makes them and how it is always right. It sounded interesting so I borrowed it. Honestly, I have a hard time getting enthralled in books for long periods of time but this kept my attention. I ended up reading it for three hours straight the first night. That NEVER happens with me. This guy writes other books too. My next read is called Outliers also written by Gladwell. If you are wanting a good, interesting read....try it.

4. Mary Kay Bronzing Beads
So Mary Kay has these bronzing beads that I have used for years. I love them. They don't make your skin look orange either. This time of year a girl needs as much help as she can get to have some color. People will ask me if I go tanning (which I don't). It's got to be the bronzing beads.

5. New Year's Resolution "Breakers"
Have you ever gone to the gym in January to exercise and been overwhelmed by how many people are there? I do every January and I hate it. But by mid February things go back to normal. The craziness has finally died down at my gym. So thank you to those who broke their new year's resolutions! You make my life more enjoyable come February.
2 comments:
I love YHO! Pretty much every cool restaurant or event I went to in Utah was found on that blog!
And also, I love that people breaking their healthy resolutions is your favorite, haha! Love ya!
Oh my gosh - I'm totally with you on the gym thing - go away people!
Post a Comment