Tuesday, March 10

{ pimp my ride }

Newsflash.
I bought a car.

After months of worrying and thinking about it. After weeks of test driving. I got rid of my 1993 Nissan Altima and upgraded.

I must say it was kind of bitter sweet to say goodbye to that old car. It was time though. When it got to the point where I didn't know whether or not it was going to start in the morning (and stay on)...it was time to say goodbye. It was my first car. My parents bought it for me to get me through college. And that it did. So many memories. So many road trips. So many break downs. So many people to experience them with (including many of you).

Remember when...
Dad bought the car without telling me and surprised me?

Remember when...
We sang Total Eclipse of the Heart at the top of our lungs in the middle of Montana?

Remember when...
I got my first speeding ticket in the middle of Nevada?

Remember how...
The seat belt signal would go off like every five minutes for no reason?

Remember how...
My car had the automatic moving shoulder seat belt?

Remember that time when...

My car would not go faster than 15 miles an hour?

Remember when...
My car broke down in Heber and we went to Smith's and read magazines in the middle of the isle?

Remember when...

My car broke down again, and again, and again, and again? Oh, and again?

Even with all the quirks and what we'll call character building experiences it was a good little car to me.

With that said, though, I can't tell you how excited I am to get a new one! I am going to enjoy the fact that when I get in I know it will turn on (and stay on).

What did I get you ask? A 2003 Honda Accord. It isn't brand new, but the price was right and it will be perfect for me. I love love love it!

THE OLD:

I am going to miss those Washington license plates. Sad.

THE NEW:

6 comments:

The Grimmett's said...

Congrats! It's a big step in the adult world to buy a car! I remember that was our first "BIG" purchase!

Adrienne & Scott said...

Wow! Big Pimpin is right!!! I don't think it was bitter sweet to get rid of your car. I think it was just SWEET! Looks like a nice ride! Ugh, you're officially a Ute (not a U of U Ute). I miss WA plates too! At least IL are somewhat close to WA plates as far as color. Anyway, congrats! Now you can drive across country and visit us!!!

K8 said...

oooh! It's perfect! I love it! I'm sure you love it more! I'm so glad that you have a great reliable car now! Don't get hit on too much in that sweet ride!

Emily said...

"My car broke down in Heber and we went to Smith's and read magazines in the middle of the isle?"

YES! Yes I do! As soon as I saw this post was about your car I started thinking about that funny experience. Oh I love ya! You deserve the new car. Enjoy it!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

whistle whistle! I LOVE it! Congratulations!!!

Yours Truly said...

NO MORE WASHINGTON PLATES FOR YOU! Sad day. If I get rid of Washington plates it better be for Arizona. You are a Utahan now! Its so cute! I am sure you look so hot driving that thing....you are a big girl now! Hahah I am happy that you like you car so I won't get any more phone calls saying "i give my car one week"