Wednesday, February 24

{ recipe }

So I've not been in the blogging mood lately. I have a love-hate relationship with the whole blogging thing right now, though I do use this as sort of a journal. More on that later... maybe.

So I thought I'd post a recipe that I seriously make every Sunday morning now. I am not a huge pancake person usually because even though they are super filling, I always seem to get hungry like an hour after I eat them. Not with these. I think it must be the protein in them. I know it sounds weird, but try it. They are so so good. Super filling. And healthy.

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
2/3 cup milk
2 large egg whites
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
5 tsp. vegetable oil

Mix together and cook like normal pancakes. Note: They seem to burn more easily than normal. Make sure the heat on the burner isn't too high. I like to use spray butter and jam on the top instead of syrup.

4 comments:

Yours Truly said...

I will forever use this one. I Like them. And they are FILLING yum tum.

Celeste said...

Thanks Lisa! I'm totally making these the next time I make pancakes!

The Simon Fam! said...

I have to try these! Thanks for the recipe! Julie and I are going to be putting together a family recipe book and this one has to be in it!

missesbarlow said...

def going to try this! sounds yummy!