I have a little confession.
I like TV.
Did I just admit that?
I feel like I'm at an AA meeting admiring that I actually like TV.
I don't watch it for hours on end. Believe me! But there are certain times of the day you can guarantee the TV will be on.
For example. I love the Today Show. My dream job is to be an anchor on that show, but that is besides the point. I always watch it when I'm eating breakfast. Between 7:20 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. to be exact. That is the only time I can justify. Then after work I will turn on the news when I'm making dinner...or I guess something else if it is beyond evening news hours. I don't know if it's the fact that growing up my parents always had the news on (and I have grown to like it) or the fact that I like the background noise. Probably both.
So it might be safe to say that, yes, I am very dependent on the television.
Here is the problem. I have gone an entire week without TV. That would be seven days. Count them. I know. I know. This might be Guinness Book of World Records worthy...especially for those who know my Today Show routine.
There is not a TV in the condo I moved into and neither of my roommates own one. I'm about to go crazy. I even went to the gym Monday night, not to work out, but with the sole purpose of watching The Bachelor Pad (which I have officially deemed a total waste of time and the last episode I'll watch).
Needless to say this girl has been in the market for a TV. I don't know how much longer I can take. I am now taking donations for my Lisa needs a TV fund if anyone wants to contribute.
{ image via corbis }

1 comment:
First off, you need to send me your new address so I know where you now live since I can't, and haven't been able to catch up during any kind of run for the last few months. Secondly, I am so sorry. I have become addicted to Lost and now cannot imagine my life without it. That or HGTV. I completely understand. Let me know if you want to treadmill together sometime :).
Post a Comment