Soon-to-be Elder Johnson opened his mission call last night.
All us family members tuned in via Skype. The connection was a little scattered...as the screen froze just as Scottie said, "You are hereby called to serve in the....." Wait. Wait. WHERE? Talk about timing.
Luckily I was able to connect again and found out he has been called to the San Fernando California English Speaking Mission! He reports to the MTC on January 5th.
His call to California means 2 things:
1. The Johnson's might be making more frequent "trips" to California. Do you seriously think Mama J is not going to check up on her little boy? I can just see her now in the Hollywood Hills with a pair of binoculars.
2. I will only have 3 weeks in Provo to sneak him Cafe Rio and Dr. Pepper. ...and to "happen" to see him crossing 9th East while driving by. Time will be of the essence.
We are all so happy for Scottie and so proud of his willingness to serve the Lord. California here he comes!

2 comments:
Ummm, seriously I will be hitting up Cali while he is on the misshh, maybe even next summer. Haha, I mean I won't visit him, but it gives us an excuse to travel :]
I can just see mom wanting to borrow one of dad's SWAT costumes where they're dressed up like a bush and taking it to California. Haha!!
Post a Comment