Wednesday, June 26

Sweaty or Not

This past weekend I finished running my third Ragnar Relay. Team Sweaty or Not took on the Wasatch Back and did surprisingly well in the 198 miles we ran from Logan to Park City, Utah.

So much happens in those 30 + hours running, driving, not eating or sleeping that it is hard to summarize.

Highlights:
+ The beautiful views! Seriously it is breathtaking! We saw two sunrises and a sunset. I even ran under the summer solstice moon on my second leg (which was miserable by the way).
+ Running into my dad who was one of our volunteers at 4 a.m. We weren't supposed to see him at all, so it was fun having him pound on our windows and scaring us half to death.
+ Blasting music and making victory tunnels for runners while stuck in traffic.
+ My sister Stephanie yelling out the window to my other sister Lindsey, "KILL DOROTHY!" ... For those of you who aren't familiar with the Ragnar Lingo a "kill" means you passed the person.
+ Being piggy-backed across the finish line. That was a first.
+ Van 1 being fast enough on our first leg to get out before they shut down the road for 2 hours due to a fire.
+ Spending time with my family and Stephie's (now my) friends.
+ The entertaining team names and van decorations. Those are always a treat.
+ Prancercising behind runners while supporting our runners.
+ Watching people on our team run farther than they have ever run. ... and killing it too!

Lowlights:
+ The dust on my first leg. I think I inhaled the entire state of Utah in dust in 6 short miles.
+ My second leg. Period. It was 8.2 miles of misery ... well actually only about 4 miles of it was miserable. I was not prepared for that steep of an incline. Plus my hip was tight and was killing me.
+ Being passed by multiple 13-year-olds.
+ Having to have our car jumped because we were charging all our phones while the car was off.

 Sunrise number one.

The scenery.

 Isn't it a BEAUTIFUL course???

 Our van.


My first leg. It was super dusty! Luckily it was downhill. 
You can also see a little smoke from the fire that delayed some teams by 2 hours!


 Scott was in Van 2 so I didn't see him too much, but from what I hear he did awesome!

Tunnels for the runners. We were stuck in traffic so we had a little fun while we waited.

During the 30 seconds we saw my dad.

 My brother barely had time to train, but he did awesome!!! He was also a trooper being the only guy in our van. We nicknamed him Scottie Pimpin'. Ha.

Got the "kill."

My sister Stephanie wanted extra miles so she ran my last 2 miles with me. 
Clearly we are exhausted excited to only have 1 mile left!

After Van 1 was done, we indulged in Kneaders. Tasted sooooo good!

 The whole gang.


Official Team Sweaty or Not photo. 

We're Done!!!

2 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

That looks SO fun! And considering I just said that about running, that's a big deal;)

DaNae said...

I want to do a Ragnar!! The course is crazy pretty!