For me, I was a junior in high school. I was attending early morning seminary for my church and I had heard rumblings about some sort of bad thing that happened in New York City. Confession: I didn't know what the World Trade Centers were at the time. I thought that was too bad something happened in NYC and proceeded to walk over to our high school. It wasn't until I walked into my World Studies class and saw the look on my teacher's face that I new something was HORRIBLY wrong. He was watching the news. I don't even remember my teacher's name now, but will never forget the look on his face. We watch the news for the entire 90 minute period and actually saw the second plane crash into the World Trade Center.
Thirteen years later I am more than happy to honor the people who died that day and the military people who serve our country. On 9/11 this year we attended a football game. You can't get much more American that that!!! I loved all the tributes they had. I am so proud to be an American.
We will NEVER forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment