Sunday, September 28

thirty, flirty and thriving

I can't believe it. I am no longer in my twenties. Thirty. That's old, right?! I am glad that besides the huge wrinkle that has popped up in the middle of my forehead, I don't really feel old.

It might sound funny, but I am kinda excited to leave my twenties. Don't get me wrong. I liked my twenties. My twenties were fine. There were some fun times for sure. 

But my twenties was a time that I had to find myself and with that came a lot of struggles (more than I'd like to admit), lessons learned (and re-learned), loneliness and heartache. I am more than ready to wipe my hands clean of that. I'm excited to see what my 30s have in store for me. I have a feeling it's going to be a good decade.

For my actual birthday, it was pretty low key. But I sure am a spoiled girl. Scotty made me breakfast and then we headed to the BYU Football game. It was super hot! Almost uncomfortably so. But it was a good time. We then headed to Cheesecake Factory with my sister Stephanie and Gillian. Steph thought it would be so funny to embarrass me with party glasses, a balloon and a sucker that says "30 sucks." Don't you worry. They are safely tucked away for future use. We were seated outside and were able to chat for a few hours. It was a good good evening! 




Here's to a good 20s ... but even better 30s!! 

1 comment:

My Life as A Plate said...

Happy 30th! I turned 30 in March and so far the thirties have been great. Hope you had a great time celebrating.