Sunday, November 2

{ all in the fam }

Here is a little story for you...

All growing up my mom, being the domestic and talented person she is, made our Halloween costumes. One year she ended up making two Dorothy costumes from the Wizard of Oz. When it got passed down to me...I wore it for like three years in a row. I loved that costume!!



Fast forward 20 years...

My little niece Allison (who has been dubbed my little twin) got these red sparkly shoes that, for the life of my sister, will not take them off and wears them EVERYWHERE!!! She will seriously run around the house in only her underwear and these red shoes. They look exactly like Dorothy's ruby red slippers. My mom thought it would be cute if she went as Dorothy for Halloween and ended up finding the EXACT costume her mom and two aunts had worn for Halloween. She was adorable. And then I found these old pictures of us in the Halloween costumes. There's no place like home I guess.



Adrienne, Me, Lindsey -- Halloween 1987

And then Me -- Halloween 1988


Allison -- Halloween 2008

3 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

That's too cute! I love it!

rachel said...

cute! Love the shoes.

Yours Truly said...

SO hilarious. Hahahaha. Ali is so cute. You better keeo that Dorthy costume for your child to wear!!