Monday, January 12

{ momentous occasion }

So many of you know a little over 8 years ago I was in a roll-over car accident on the way to go skiing with some friends in Northern Idaho. To say the least ... I was a little traumatized by what happened (even though thankfully we all walked away from the car with no major injuries).

I haven't been skiing since. At first it was because of my fear to drive in the snow. The more and more time went by I became less afraid of driving in the snow (some would beg to differ) and instead I became more worried that I couldn't ski anymore (it HAS been 8 years). Last week I finally got enough courage to face both fears...and went skiing. This was a momentous outing for me!


Fortunately it all came back so quickly and was able to enjoy the day skiing. I went with my new roommate Holly up to Sundance. We had such a good time skiing, joking about my good friend "Robby" (a.k.a. Robert Redford) and how I managed to completely ruin my ski poles within the first hour. On like the second time on the chair lift I accidentally bent my poles as they got caught between the chair lift and the ground. I mean who does that? And metal? I was laughing so hard all the way up and got the weirdest looks the rest of the day because how funny they looked. Thank goodness I bought the rental insurance ... four dollars well spent.

4 comments:

Yours Truly said...

I love that you bent your poll. THat picture is classic. I am laughing out loud. Like who does that? Leave it to a Johnson!

DaNae said...

I have totally done that with my pole. I almost fell off the lift because it was caught. I love sundance and I miss snow and skiing.

Celeste said...

Congratulations Lisa! What a fun trip!!

Wendle said...

I totally remember when that happened in high school. Scared the heck out of all of us!

BTW-way to show that pole who's in control :)