Sunday, November 8

{ done and done }

On Friday Emily and I drove down to St. George to run the Snow Canyon Half Marathon. I have run the distance of a half marathon before, but never in a race setting. It was such a sense of accomplishment once I crossed the finish line (especially knowing I didn't really train for it).

The weather was gorgeous. Hard to believe it was November, but I was loving every minute of warmth and sunshine. The race itself was all gradually downhill, but it wasn't an easy course (in my opinion) as it was hilly too and the out-and-back nearly killed me.

But, I made it...13.2 miles and 2 hours later I finished. Maybe after my calf muscle recovers I will actually think about a full marathon. Today, though, we rest.

Before:

After: We're done!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow! Congrats Lisa!!! I love the before and after pics! I'm not sure I believe you actually ran the 1/2 marathon cause you still look great in the after pic... and there isn't a "during" photo... hum.

I guess I'll just have to take your word :)

k-blanchard said...

congrats you two. that's so exciting. i am totally intimidated by running a marathon. miss you guys.

DaNae said...

AWESOME!! I have been waiting for pics. If you decide to run a marathon, let me know which one. I am in the market!

Spencer and Kealia said...

you are my inspiration!!!