Monday, November 1

thankful

I have been thinking lately how I need to be more grateful, because after all a grateful heart is the beginning of greatness, right?  I have realized how blessed I am in so many aspects of my life. The ironic thing is that I have been in a really negative mood recently as well. How does that work? Wish I knew. I guess tend to look around and focus on what is wrong in my life. But I need to continue to remember how much I do have. How much is going right. How relatively small my worries are. I have much to be grateful for.

"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love. ... We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues. Someone has said that “gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” 
- Thomas S. Monson

1 comment:

Yours Truly said...

I have been working on ""Sincerely giving thanks" and it makes all the difference :)