Saturday, November 6

prep girl

Last night I found myself at Kneaders (no surprise there) with a couple friends. We were talking about a variety of things. Very entertaining if I do say so myself. Of course one of the subjects we covered was dating. I mean when you get three 26-year-old girls together you better expect to cover that. Naturally.

I thought about parts of the conversation as I was falling asleep last night and came to a conclusion. I think I'm going into business.

You see. I have a gift.

Unfortunately, not everyone is as lucky as me to be blessed with this. I mean I finally found out last night that I wasn't the only one with this gift.

It is a gift that I couldn't even describe how I came across. It is just something innate and natural I guess.

I am what I have come to call a prep girl.

You know, the girl a boy dates right before they meet/date their future wife. It now has officially happened to me seven times (Could be eight. Confirmation is pending). I am the epitome of said prep girl.

I don't even have to be officially dating the boy. It has happened after a blind date.

Believe it. I am that good.

That is why I have decided to go into business. Like a Sarah Jessica Parker in Failure to Launch business. I know, brilliant right?!?

So all you mothers out there feel free to send your single sons my way. Don't you worry, it will be a worth-while investment for you. I can guarantee they will be married in no time.

It's just how it works in this prep girl world of mine.

6 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

No WAY!!! I was that same girl! It happened 4 times in a row in one ward. It was shocking -- I love the term you've coined for it:)

The Grimmett's said...

Would you consider dating Janel? I hope she gets married soon because I'm sick of being the ONLY inlaw in that family!

lisa elizabeth said...

Ummm....I kinda like boys. Maybe one of these days I'll run into the boy version me.

Nycole said...

I know how you feel. I was the prep girl for 11 boys, seriously! I wondered if there was a blinking arrow above my head pointing at me or something.

Lisa you are a catch. Make sure not to be to hard on yourself, sometimes (lets be honest...most of the time) boys are just stupid!

Gillian Michelle said...

I am the prep girl for roommates....they get married as soon as they move in with me. what can I say, I'm just lucky i guess :)

Bryce and Jenalee said...

Genius!