Naturally I have thought a lot about her this past week.
She was like another grandma to me.
And we were like her grandkids.
She was an amazing person. Everyone loved Aunt Helen. Her sense of humor. Her genuine concern for other people's well being. Her love of sports...especially her Mariners. She has taught me many valuable lessons. For example, because of her I will never google kittens on the internet. Trust me (or should I say her). It's just not a good idea.
Growing up I loved going to her house in Arizona, painting ceramics, playing with her dog Scooter and driving the golf cart around the retirement community (my first driving experience). I loved when she moved back to Washington. We were able to see her all the time. I am going to miss seeing her when I go home to visit.
She was my birthday twin. I would always call her on September 19th to wish her a Happy Birthday. She would then in return wish me a Happy Birthday for the next day. It would happen every year. It was our little tradition. I am going to miss that.
Though we'll miss her here, she is in a better place and is free from worry and pain.
I know she'll be looking down and watching out for me.
I love you Aunt Helen.
Christmas 2010.
The last time I saw Helen.
1 comment:
I think we all have the best guardian angel ever :) Miss her so much. I still can't believe it, still has not sunk in. LOVE YOU.
Post a Comment