Tuesday, May 17

it's go time

I am happy to report I survived.
No medical staff had to be dispatched on my behalf.
It wasn't my best time. But wasn't my worst ... so I'm content.
My only battle wounds wound up being 2 blisters on my pinky toes.

My sister came in fourth woman overall.
Ummm ... ya I was 180th.
My dad finished it too only coming in 11 minutes behind me.
He ran the whole thing. He's one cool dude.


Please note he has two power balance bands on.
As we got ready to leave I told him I was wearing mine for the off chance that they actually do work.
He was like "I have both mine on. I'm gonna need all the help I can get".
He said that having one on each wrist keeps him more balanced. Haha.

Before we left:

After (with our cheerleaders who met us at the finish line):

4 comments:

PorkStar said...

Good job. I'm sure I'd arrived last. I've been trying to get myself to do one of those but the walking to the office makes me tired enough to think about it twice.

love_b said...

umm you look wayyy to cute to have just ran a 1/2! where did you get those cute clothes? Im running one in nov and I want to be cute cause im vain and care about it ahahhah great job by the way yay you did it!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!

Dad is such a thug. Seriously, so cool.

jenny said...

You are so fit! Way to go!!!!! You are my hero.