Monday, May 9

mi hermano


Everyone I would like you to meet my brother.
Brother meet everyone.
Don't get too acquainted though.

This week my brother, Scottie, will officially leave to serve a mission for our church in California.
San Fernando, California to be exact.

He is the first and only one in my family to serve a full-time mission. It's kind of been a long time coming as he's been delayed for 4 months due to breaking his foot exactly one week before he was originally scheduled to leave. But the time has finally come (again) and he is really leaving this time...well pending he isn't involved in another freak accident. It finally hit me yesterday that he is leaving. That our only form of communication will be through email. Though if he ever run's into a Kardashian I expect a personal phone call.

He is my only brother. Yes he is the only boy of five children -- don't feel too sorry for him though he's pretty spoiled. Haha. Scottie holds a special place in my heart. He always has. He probably thinks I'm just his crazy older sister, and that he has to be nice to be because we're related. I think he also hates that on trips people mistake me and Stephanie for his girlfriends too.

But I have always been so grateful that he is in our family. That I get to have him for my brother. I am so proud of him and his dedication to give up two years of his life to serve the Lord. I am going to miss my little Bud immensely (especially his sense of humor) but I am so excited for him and this adventure he is about to experience.
 
A'ight! I need to stop now. 
I'm starting to tear up. 
I love you Bud...see you (briefly) on Wednesday.

And at least act like you're excited to see me this time. Humor me? K thanks.

7 comments:

Johnson's said...

I am going to miss him too. He will miss our craziness someday. He makes us proud.! Love, Mommy

from head 2 toe said...

Brothers are the best. It will be a sad but happy day when yours and mine leave for a mission. I have 4 years though- I should cherish them!
xoxo

Lindsey Simon said...

We will miss our Uncle Scottie! We are so proud of him being the first Johnson to serve a mission. What an awesome legacy and example he is showing to our family. We love you bubs!

Misses Barlow said...

yay for scottie! sad for mommy! he'll be a great missionary!

Ramsey said...

Awww...sweetness! Love how adorable you guys are! Best of wishes for your brother!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Wow, what an incredible journey he is beginning! I know you'll miss him!

the nyanzi report said...

good stuff.