Monday, August 29

god's country ... a week later

Last weekend Scotty and I road-tripped it to Spokane. It's a LONG drive let me tell ya. But 12-hours in the car was totally once I started seeing evergreen trees in masses. All weekend long my parents kept referring to it as God's Country. They joked that I might live in Zion but they live in God's Country. I couldn't agree more.

My sister Adrienne was able to come over from Seattle with her daughter. It was fun seeing them, though Savannah doesn't really like me. Scott unfortunately had a mandatory meeting on Saturday so he couldn't come. Excuses.

We did the usual when introducing people to Spokane ... we went to Coeur D'Alene. Twice.
We went boating on the lake and then went back to the resort for dinner.

 I love this pic of little Savannah.
Scotty and Adrienne on the tube. Adrienne requested a "Kylie and Allie" ride...aka really easy.

 Walking on the boardwalk.
CDA was having their annual wooden boat show. It was fun seeing all the old boats.


We also hit up the big red wagon, carrousel and garbage-eating goat ... Spokane at it's finest, let me tell ya. And, fortunately mullet sightings were kept to a minimum.

At the Duncan Gardens in Manito Park.

It was such a fun weekend. I loved being able to spend it with family and friends 
... and of course be back home in God's Country.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, these pictures are amazing! Everything looks so bright and clear! Looks like fun!

provo lady said...

What a great blog! Lovely fleurs!

Adrienne & Scott said...

SICK!! PLEASE TAKE OFF THAT 1ST PIC OF ME. N-A-S-T-Y!!!!! It was fun seeing you guys! Come visit us in SeaTown!!