Wednesday, September 7

what matters most

I have been thinking a lot lately. Mainly about what matters in life. After a death of a very close family friend this past weekend I was reminded of what is most important in life.

Naturally my thoughts have turned to my family. How much they mean to me and how I need to tell them more often that I love them. My family means the world to me. We have so much fun together. We laugh a lot. We tease each other (too much sometimes), yet we can comfort and support each other too. It times like these where you are reminded to be a better person. To help those in need. To smile at those around you. In essence to be more Christlike. You never know the impact you can have on one person.


My heart aches for the family. They are like family to me. The Lord called Tommy, such a perfect soul, home. He is going to serve his mission on the other side. I have no doubt about that. It's people like him who show us ... by example ... the Christlike way to live this life.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Lisa,

My mom let me know the other day about Tommy. My heart and prayers so out to his family and you!

What a sweet post. So grateful to have the gospel in our lives and such wonderful families.

much love-

ashley.warner said...

Wow.
Thanks for posting this.
You're a strong person. God be with your other family.

The gospel is a wonderful blessing that gets us through the hard times.