Friday, November 18

This time last year ...


This time last year I was in New York City with my homegirl Lia.
Since I never documented it (November was a crazy month for me last year), I thought I would now.

Such a fun, last-minute trip.
It was a whirlwind. We were there less than 48 hours.
We walked everywhere. I was sore for like the next week, but it was so worth it.

I may have cancelled my first date with Scotty to go ... but we can forget about that. 
Hopefully he's forgiven me by now.

In our short trip we ...
... Went to Rockefeller Plaza.
... Went to Time Square.
... Got hit on by a married Russian in Time square. What can I say? Foreigners love me.
... Ate a cupcake at Magnolia's Bakery. #teamsprinkles
... Saw the Statue of Liberty from a distance.
... Rubbed shoulders with the top-dog of GMC on Wall Street.
... Walked by Ground Zero.
... Took a train at Grand Central and Penn Stations.
... Made friends with the NYPD.
... Visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
... Walked by the Manhattan Temple.
... Walked through Central Park
... Went in Carlo's Bakery ...Cake Boss anyone?
... Had an exclusive tour of CNN.

A few of my favorite pics from the trip.
I wasn't kidding about the Russian man. 
As his friend was snapping a picture he was like "my wife will like this."

 Larry King's Set

They pretty much begged us to stay, but I didn't want to make Anderson Cooper jealous. #naturals

And of course the NYC Macy's already decked out for Christmas.


Can't wait for the next trip with my tour guide and company.
Girls get ready!

2 comments:

Misses Barlow said...

you forgot another important part... chicken and rice local style yo! ha! i CANNOT wait for us (and gillie) to go again!

Gillian Michelle said...

oh my gosh...i CANNOT wait for us to go! April here we come :)