Thursday, January 5

Calling All Fashionistas

So reality has set in. Almost. Sometimes I think, I'm really getting married?!? Regardless the ball is rolling. I said yes to the dress. That was a surreal moment. Later that night I had a do I even like that dress moment? Then I looked at it again and all was well! Now I'm on to the next thing.

This is where ya'll come in. I need help! I am at a loss of what to wear for engagements. I know I want a nicer one with a skirt and a more casual one. I want something classy yet in style and something that is flattering (obvi). That's about all I know. I keep going back and forth.

Riding boots or wedges?
Scarf or necklace?
Skirt or Dress?
Bright colors or dull?
Cardigan with a cami under or just a blouse?
Turtle neck or moo-moo? I kidd.
Etc. or Etc?

Help! Have you seen any cute tops lately? Any engagement sessions you can point me toward?


Some "looks" I might be going for.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

10 comments:

Stephanie and Such said...

I'm thinking of the perfect outfit for you right now..

Lori said...

have you ever looked at...
http://rebekahwestover.blogspot.com/
Her clients always look amazing! Good luck! Can't wait to see them!

Katelyn said...

I second rebekah westover's stuff. her clients always look perfect. I have no doubt that you will look perfect too! Can't wait to see them!

Adrienne & Scott said...

How about a moo-moo with a turtle-neck under it?! Skirts I think are more flattering. Dull colors with a pop of bright always looks good. You'll look great no matter what. You guys are so photogenic!

Babygirl said...

find matt malicote photography on facebook and like them. they've got a ton of sneak peeks on their page that i'm sure would give you some outfit inspiration. Goodluck!

Ben and Jillian said...

My old roommate Madelyn Wayment takes AMAZING photos!! She's done most of our friends engagements and wedding photos. Would have had her do mine if we would have been living or gotten married in Utah. Her website is...www.madelynwphoto.com

Love- Jillian

Fackrell Fam said...

My vote is for a pop of bright color, blouse with necklace, and wedges. But to tell you the truth, you look cute in anything!!

Jena said...

aw cute cute cute!! and I'm so glad we're blog friends now! :)
all of these are super cute but I love the two on the right the best!

Also this is one of my favorite blogs when I need outfit ideas! http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/kpicasa-outfits/

Amber said...

Lisa...this is Amber McCombs...go to the blog dannyandjess.blogspot.com then click on her photography page. She is an AMAZING Utah photographer and has done some out of this world engagement photos and weddings...might get the juices flowing. Also...I think you are a beautiful couple and the pictures will be amazing no matter what you wear!!! Congrats!!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I say with go what looks like you--wear what expresses who you are, but also don't wear an outfit so "loud" that it detracts from YOU! Haha, does this make any sense? I may have just contradicted myself! Congrats on the engagement (where have I been!?).