Friday, June 22

John vs. Neil

Yesterday we made a last-minute decision to head up to Park City to attend an outdoor concert at the Deer Valley Resort. Talk about lifestyles of the rich and famous. That place is nice! Since we can't afford to stay there (ever) I was happy being able to listen to the music on the grass.

Scott found out Thursday morning that John Fogerty was performing. He informed me that it was his number one favorite band. I responded by saying, I thought Neil Diamond was your number one favorite. No joke. That boy loves Neil Diamond.

SIDE NOTE: I have actually never heard Scotty listen to any of Neil Diamond's music. Hmmm.

When I was informed that John Fogerty trumps Neil Diamond I knew I would feel bad if we didn't go. Plus, I grew up listening to his music too. Thanks, Dad. Because of that I didn't look too out of place with my lemonade and un-hippy-ish attire. Though I was significantly younger than the average age in attendance, I could at least sing along to put me in coach and heard it through the grapevine.

It was a beautiful evening at a beautiful venue. 
Not to mention we knocked one off the ole' bucket list. #bestwifeever

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks to Dad we know "Put me in Coach." hahaha.

Love it!

Ashley said...

Concerts at Deer Valley are so fun. Glad you guys got tics. Looks like a total blast.

Adrienne & Scott said...

You guys are like an old married couple! But lets be honest, I'd go too! Looks like a beautiful night! Send that sun our way!!!

Courtney B said...

Oh my heck, how FUN! I wish we'd done something like this when we lived up there. What a perfect way to spend your evening :)