Tuesday, June 12
life according to my phone
1. We've been on the hunt for needed pieces of furniture. We are lucky enough that we already had many big items before we got married (i.e. we each had a bed) and that we are not in any hurry to buy anything. First on the list was a couch and dining table.Within a week we found this dining table at DownEast Home for a steal! And a couch at Macy's for an even better deal! I've never seen Scotty so excited about buying something. We mean serious business when it comes to quality bargain shopping, meaning I want something that will last us longer than a year.
2. Summer is finally here and that means frequent stops by my favorite shave ice shack. It's exactly like Matsumoto's on the island of Oahu. At a loss for flavors? Let me suggest the Guava snow capped shave ice. It will not disappoint. Like seriously I could eat it every day.
3. Sun flare. Clearly I get bored at stop lights and like playing with my phone in my car. 'Nough said.
4. Have I mentioned that I am related to some amazingly talented people? My sister-in-laws all play the violin. Angie and Chrissy both had solos at their last concerto concert. I had to ask what that meant, but it means the whole orchestra accompanies them. They're kinda a big deal. I definitely am not going to be contributing any talent of that sort in the gene pool.
5. I woke up early Saturday morning (like 4:30 a.m. early) to drop off one of my sister-in-laws, her friends and Scotty at the start line for the Utah Valley Half Marathon. Scotty decided to run it at 10 p.m. on Friday night! No joke. I waited for them at the finish line. I knew Scotty would finish, but I was nervous he wouldn't have a good experience ... or even worse injur himself before the Ragnar race this weekend. Luckily he enjoyed the run and he wasn't really even sore! Being in that race environment re-motivated me to push through my running slump. I didn't like being the one waiting at the finish line. I'd rather cross it.
6. I am in young women's now at church (they are the teenage girls in our congregation). On Sunday I gave my first lesson and made these handouts. I thought they turned out cute. I was so nervous! I was hoping that these handouts might distract from the fact that I'm not that great at teaching lessons. I remember keeping all my handouts from young women's from when I was a teenager. I still have them somewhere in my parents house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh girl you will rock and love YW. I miss it! Maybe I will get to go in soon in my new ward! :)
now i want a snow cone.
Soon enough we'll both be marathon ready... just keep runnin', just keep runnin'! Also I'm sure you did an amazing job on your lesson. Those girls are lucky to have you as their teacher! And one more thing... can we PLEASE get some shave ice when I come to Utah?!? Miss you friend!!!
PS - Tell Scotty that he's crazy! A half marathon at the last second?!
Girl I bet you're a great teacher! Love hearing about your life on this cute blog. Hope you are doing well!
Oh that sno cone.... I NEED one!!
How exciting! Young womens would be the FUNNEST calling! My hubs was the young mens president in our ward up north and I was just waiting to be called to young womens so we could go to activities together :) ha ha.
Post a Comment