Monday, September 24
life and my birthday
1. Utah never seems to disappoint on sunsets. We were on our way home from Costco and I couldn't get over this view.
2. Sometimes (and only sometimes, unfortunately) I am a good wife and make my husband breakfast. Proof.
3. Me, Steph and her friend decided to be crafty and make refrigerator magnets the other week. It was fun being crafty. I love making things!
4. Last night we had fun going through some of Scotty's old things. I found a couple winter hats from his mission. Fashion statement?!? I asked Scotty if he thought I could pass as a Russian/Ukrainian and was semi-offended when he said yes ... and then he clarified only if I was wearing the hat. Phew.
This past week was my birthday! (Insert personalized birthday song). I turned 28 years-old! I can't believe I am almost 30.
I sure feel loved and am one very spoiled girl. Birthday festivities were three fold.
1. On Thursday was my actual birthday. Scotty made me breakfast and gave me some flowers and one part of my present. Later that night we had a small group of family and friends over for dinner and to watch the BYU vs. Boise State Football game. I guess that is what happens when you have a fall birthday. It was really fun, despite the loss. I mean just Keep Calm and Birthday On!
2. Scotty kept reminding me that it was my "birthday weekend" and that I could do anything I wanted. So of course I chose to go shopping. I mean I had gift cards to burn. We went to city creek. I want to enjoy every last bit of nice weather we have. I found way too much that I wanted to buy (especially at The Limited), but restrained myself to only a few pieces. After taking my sweet time in the fitting room on our first stop, I came out of the store to find Scotty sitting in a chair just keeping himself entertained. He was so bored, but was such a good sport. He didn't complain once. He's a keeper I tell ya. ... I knew he wanted to go see the new Clint Eastwood movie so we went to that after City Creek. It was a fun day!
3. Sunday evening we went to the McKell's for my and Elle's birthday dinner. We had a yummy dinner outside and I was more than happy to share the birthday festivities! I told Elle she can be my new birthday twin.
All in all ... I have a feeling 28 is gonna be a good year ... especially if my first week is any indication!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm jealous of your first week of your 28th year!
I'm right behind you on turning 30... i feel so old haha! And you're right, your hubby is a keeper! Hope you had a happy 28th!
Post a Comment