Wednesday, September 5

Summertime and the Living is Easy

Well my second trip with the in laws was a success, and this time did not result in a hospital stay. I mean that's what I call a success! Scotty and I were only there part of the time, but it was so fun! Not to mention very relaxing.

Scotty and I spend Saturday in Huntington by ourselves, as the rest of the fam was driving down from northern California. We didn't really have an agenda. We just hopped in our rental car and drove straight to the beach. It was so nice spending time together outside of our normal routine.

The plan then was to return our rental car and get picked up by the fam ... but they got stuck in MAJOR traffic. So we ended up setting up camp at the airport for 5 hours. As you can tell I wasn't bored at all ... though I realize it was worse for those stuck in it. Sorry guys.


Once we FINALLY got to the condo in Oceanside all was well and we had a great time. Sunday evening we took family pictures. It was right at sunset and couldn't have been more beautiful.


  Monday was beach day. We literally spent all day there and there was no lack of water, sand (as shown all over those girls), or sand castles. I learned that the McKells are serious about their sand castles. This was just one of three they made. ... aaannnd I may have gotten a little burned.

Tuesday was spent at Disneyland. The McKells also take Disneyland very seriously. We were there literally from open to close. I'm usually not the biggest amusement park goer, but it was way fun. I think it's more fun with kids.Elle thought she was so funny and covered her Uncle Scotty's eyes for like 15 minutes.


Unfortunately Scott and I had to go back to this thing called work. Boo. I didn't want to go back to reality. There was also this thing called moving that was hovering over our heads.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Work? Moving? Sounds like FUN!!

But seriously Elle is so cute.

Lindsey Simon said...

How relaxing does that look?! What a fun vacation! Everyone looks so tan too.

from head 2 toe said...

Hey! You were literally in my backyard of where I grew up and where my parents live now. How funny! Glad you had fun! :)