Christmas Eve and morning was spent with the McKells. I was able to finally experience the famous Christmas Eve talent show and nativity. Let's just say I realize again how little of talent I brought to this family. I mean I have a good sense of humor and can find a mean deal ... but when it comes to anything musical, ya right! I did enjoy watching the talents of others and be a part of the Christmas spirit!
During the nativity, we skyped in Ashley's new baby to play the part as baby Jesus. I mean how could we not with Carson being days old and in the age of technology.
Christmas morning was fun. I'll be honest, it was a little weird not waking up in my parent's house on Christmas morning. But it was fun being apart of my new family's traditions. One of my favorite decorations in my in-laws house is this vintage tree. And when I say vintage, it's legit. It belonged Scotty's great grandmother. It is silver and there is a color wheel that goes around so it changes colors like every 15 seconds. It's way cool.
We took off early Christmas afternoon to head to my sister's house, where my family (yes my parent's too!) was. We made it in time for my brother to call from California, where he is serving his 2-year mission. It was sooooooo good to hear his voice. It amazing to hear the change in him. He was way more talkative than I have ever heard him and more mature, yet still our same Scottie. Can't wait to see him in May!
Overall it was a really good Christmas. We were able to spend it with most of our family, we were spoiled beyond what we deserve ... by most importantly we were able to celebrate the birth of our Savior.


1 comment:
That tree is pretty amazing. You really captured it in those pics. I just got caught up on your blog and can I just say my favorite pic is the one with the unicorn mask (like 4 posts down). Seriously though I think I need that.
Post a Comment