Thursday, January 31

Randomness

I have been wanting to post for a while now. There is a lot going on in life right now. It's one of those things where you can't think of one specific topic to talk about and if you talk about it all you sound ridiculous. But you know what? I am at the point where I don't really care if I sound ridiculous. I mean I use this as a type of journal too. So here goes some ridiculousness ...

I got a new calling at church. I know I know. How will we survive without snack time??? I thought the same thing. But surprisingly we actually can survive without snack time. Phew. I am now in the Relief Society Presidency in our ward. I kinda thought the bishop was joking when he called me to it. I have NEVER served in the Relief Society in any capacity before ... well except like some made up committee my sophomore year of college but that doesn't count. I really like the girls that I am serving with and I am getting to know people in the ward finally. It's strange I really feel this is where Heavenly Father wants me right now. It's hard to pinpoint why or what I am supposed to do. All I can say is I am learning a lot right now ... and I have realized just how bad at names I am. Scott got a new calling as well. He is ward employment specialist.

Before we let go of nursery for good, this picture makes me laugh. 
This is one of our kids trying to reason with Scotty over play-dough.

I am now trying a new treatment for my ITP. I am hoping and praying this works long-term. It is a drug called Rituxan. It is a more aggressive/strong treatment where I go in for an IV infusion once a week for 4 weeks. I have my last one tomorrow. I was very nervous to try it because it is a chemotherapy type of drug. That word in and of itself can cause someone to worry. But thankfully I haven't gotten very many side effects. My muscles ache at times and I am a little more emotional than usual but that is about it. What really affects me is the actual day that I go in for the infusion. It takes between 3 and 4 hours. They give me a Benadryl IV along with the medication. Man that stuff is strong!!!! I am pretty much knocked out for the rest of the day. I will go home after the infusion (don't worry Scotty picks me up) and sleep the rest of the afternoon. When I wake up I have to force myself to get out of bed. But once I am up and moving I am ok.


The weather has been pretty crappy this month. The beginning of the month the inversion hit. It didn't get above 15 degrees for like 5 days and the air quality was horrible. We ended up having the worst air in the country for like a week straight. I felt like I was living in Russia or something. It was miserable (except the sunsets were pretty). And then we were hit with like 3 snow storms in a row. It took me an hour to get to work two days this week. Needless to say I am ready for Spring weather. 



So as you can see I am busy (I didn't even mention how crazy busy and stressful work is) I am looking forward to not being in January anymore. :) I was joking with my sister Adrienne the other day that I am ready for May already. I mean in May I get a nephew on the Johnson side (a miracle that it is a boy), my cute little brother returns home from his mission, work will have slowed down by then and the weather will have significantly improved. So can you blame me? Ha. Just kidding. I'll take this year one month at a time.

1 comment:

DaNae said...

Love your new calling-you will be great and it will def be nice to meet more people!