Wednesday, March 6

Anniversary Weekend

As I said previously, our one year anniversary was this past weekend. We both have been in major need of some kind of a break. We decided to use our anniversary as an excuse to get away. Or I guess I should say get away as much away from reality as our schedules would allow ... which meant a staycation in Salt Lake City! We booked a room at the Marriott and just spent the weekend in SLC.


Saturday the weather was beautiful so we walked around City Creek. Later that night we decided to use our gift certificate we received from the Joseph Smith Memorial Building because we had our wedding dinner there. I had never been to The Roof. The food was really really good! It was fun reminiscing such an amazing day. We even both (accidentally) wore the same shoes we wore on our wedding day.

Our wedding day shoes.


They brought this out for us. I thought it was funny. 
I don't think we are the only ones who have gone to The Roof for their Anniversary.


On Sunday we had a family dinner to celebrate some birthdays (woot woot) at the McKells and we were able to cut into the top of our cake that my mother in law saved for us. It was actually really good!! I was surprised. 


It was a fun and stress-free weekend (I may have slept way too much. Oops!) ... I even mentioned to Scotty when we were driving back that I couldn't remember the last time that I was relaxed. 

Yay for staycations, anniversaries and cake! 

No comments: