Sunday we will celebrate our 1 Year Anniversary. It's crazy. As I reflect on this past year, in some ways it seems like we've been married for years and other ways I can't believe we are already are celebrating one year!! Sometimes I think, wait, I am actually married? How did that happen?
Our wedding dinner the night before, and the entire day of our wedding was so fun for us. I loved every minute of it. It was like a huge party and I loved loved loved it! Most of all I loved being in the temple, alongside Scotty, with our friends and family. The ceremony was so sweet and special for us. I wish I could have written it down so I don't ever forget it.
So much has happened since then. Scotty has settled into his new job. We bought a house (still hasn't hit me)! I went to countless doctors appointments and have had more lab work done than I can keep track of. Scotty ran ragnar and a half marathon. And so much more!
Marriage wasn't a huge adjustment for us. Actually you might want to ask Scott his side, but that it my opinion Ya I had to get used to him leaving his shoes all over the house and Scotty had to get used to hair all over the bathroom counters and floors (I'm working on it), but I feel like the things we had to "adjust" to and compromise with were things that do not matter in the big picture.
People always said that marriage was the hardest year of their lives. For me, I would have to agree! But that is because of what happened to me health-wise ... and other things ... not because of the adjustment to marriage. I honestly don't know how I would have survived the first year of marriage, the hardest year of my life, without Scotty by my side.
So Happy 1 Year Anniversary to us ... and many more to come!

1 comment:
I'm blown away it's been a year already!! Happy Anniversary.
Post a Comment