Christmas break came at the perfect time this year. I was in need of a major break from life. There has been some stress around our lives and we needed to have a break. On top of it, and probably a contributing factor, both Scotty and I had not taken more than a day and a half off work at a time in over a year. With the way that Christmas fell (and by making it a priority) we were able to take the entire week off work. Let me repeat myself, the entire week!
We went to Spokane for Christmas to spend time with my family. I had the "brilliant" idea to save the extra $500 and drive instead of fly. I have never driven to Washington in the winter time, but I mean how bad can it be? Bad! The morning we left a huge storm hit Utah. We almost got off the exit in Davis county to ride out the storm, it was THAT BAD. But Scotty was a champ. Not only did he put up with my white-knuckle worrying comments, he just kept the 25 to 35 mph speed and 3 hours later we finally made it out of Utah and most of the storm!
Once we made it home, our trip was glorious. I loved being back on my old stomping grounds. It was fun to spend time with family and family friends that I hardly ever see...and to squeeze and kiss my adorable niece and nephew. We slept in every day. Hung out. Went to movies. Went to a couple Christmas parties. Shopped. And played endless round of Rummicub. Christmas eve and morning were magical watching Savannah talk about Santa Claus and the presents that he was going to bring her. It was so fun being a part of that! To be a child again. We were so spoiled and are so blessed!
I was dying around this time! I'm not the best person to have in the car with bad roads.
Once we hit Montana I just sat back and enjoyed the beauty around us!
These faces made the long drive worth it!
Christmas Eve. Scotty took a break from shaving on the trip too :)
I wish I would've taken more pictures of my parent's house.
It is so beautifully decorated at Christmas time!
This is what it looked like a couple years ago.
This is what it looked like a couple years ago.
I think Santa came. That Barbie bike was for me. Just kidding.
I forget what this stupid thing is called but Savannah loved bouncing on it.
Then it was back to reality. The drive back was perfect!
Oh and so I never forget ... We played this new game called Heads Up!. It is actually a phone app created by Ellen. It is a mixture of catch phrase and charades. And the best part is that it records it for you. I haven't laugh that hard in a long time!
You're welcome!
3 comments:
1. Breck's cheerleading kick just made me DIE LAUGHING.
2. Adrienne's winning the lottery. Let's just say, she's prepared!! 😂
Going home is good for the soul! glad you had a fab holiday with the fam.
Sounds like a perfect week!
Post a Comment