Tuesday, January 7

New Year's Week

The week of New Year's was definitely one for the books.

It was good, but I was not up to par health-wise. On Sunday, my common cold took a turn for the worse when I completely lost my voice. We had planned our "Christmas" with the McKells for Sunday. It was so fun to have dinner and celebrate Christmas morning all over again. But I could barely get out a Thank You ... or anything that made sense for that matter.

Side Note: We got this shirt for Carson for Christmas. 
I've never seen my husband so excited about children's clothes in my life. 
Can you tell they are 49ers fans? 

I woke up Monday morning and it was even worse. To top it off I had gum graft surgery scheduled that afternoon. I was definitely in a bind. So I went to the doctor to see what was up. Thankfully it was just an upper respiratory infection. Nothing that some antibiotics couldn't kill. When I asked my doctor if I should go through with my oral surgery he said ...  Might as well, you're out for the count anyway. Wow. Thanks doc.

So that afternoon I went in for the gum grafts. The surgeon said it went great and sent me home. Luckily Scott was ok just hanging out that night while I iced my face. He even went and got me a milkshake. He's a keeper. Between the cold and the surgery I was pretty much a walking pharmacy. Are this many prescriptions even legal?!


Luckily I had the next few days to recover. Yay for holidays and two-day work weeks! By the next day (New Year's Eve) I was feeling ok. I was able to meet up with some of my faves for lunch (aka soup). I am so grateful for these girls' friendship!

My mouth was still partially numb at this point ... hence the partial smile. 
I'm lucky I wasn't drooling all over the place.

Later Scotty and I met up with the McKells to celebrate my brother-in-laws 30th birthday ... which just happens to be on New Year's Eve. Ashley had a fun evening planned for everyone. We all went to the local trampoline place where everyone had fun jumping and running around this huge warehouse. I just watched, obviously. But it looked like everyone had fun.

2nd Side Note: How cute is he? 

Then my mother in law had a wonderful cafe rio pork salad-type meal for everyone. Well it looked good. I ate tapioca pudding and cream of wheat. By 10 p.m. I was wiped out. I iced my face some more. We played some games (of what little voice I had gained back) and once midnight hit, we peaced out. I was a complete party pooper. Sorry guys! Horrible planning on my part.

So I learned two lessons from this New Year's holiday. Don't get a cold while you have oral surgery scheduled. Don't schedule oral surgery if you want to eat food and actually be coherent New Year's.

Oops. My bad.

2 comments:

Nycole said...

One of my best friends had the same surgery and said it was SO painful! I hope you are feeling better!!!

Ashley said...

Whatever-I was so impressed that you even came to everything! Thanks for helping make stuff with mom while we were all jumping around.

p.s. Carson is totally wearing his 49ers shirt RIGHT NOW.