Friday, July 25

Change of (Life) Plans

Ready for the news? I quit my job. Yep. Little Miss Practical did the unconventional (for once).

It was time for a change in my life. I knew it and Scotty knew it. Like I have mentioned it before, I have a difficult time making serious decisions. Like the ones that will impact my life drastically. But after a long process, it just felt right. I couldn't deny it. 

So what am I going to do? That is a dang good question. The plan is to back to school to take interior design classes. I am hoping to get an interior design certificate so I can eventually do something out of my home. My plans got thrown for a little loop (or big I should say) last week when I was called to serve as my ward's Relief Society President at church. So I am now trying to figure out how everything will work together.

I am not quite sure where my life will lead with all of this, but I know that this is what I need to be doing and I am grateful for a loving husband who has been one hundred percent supportive of me!

7 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow big news! Congrats on your new calling. It's so exciting that you felt you needed a change and acted on it. You will be a great interior designer!

Angelique said...

Hey Lisa! I follow your blog and love reading it. You write so well. Quitting your job must have been so hard. Wishing the best for you in the next chapter of your life. :)

Anna said...

Cool! I am loving your confidence. Can't wait to hear how everything goes. Enjoy your adventure.

Anna said...

Cool! I am loving your confidence. Can't wait to hear how everything goes. Enjoy your adventure.

mks said...

i think it's great that you actually had the courage to do something hard and what some might think is crazy. you will be blessed! and good luck with the new calling. you'll be perfect!

DaNae said...

You are probably the cutest RS Prez ever!! And interior design is so you. Way to go for it.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Congratulations!!! You will be such a natural with interior design - if we ever have a house, I'll definitely be consulting you:)
Good luck with everything -- you are amazing!