Sunday, August 31

What Have I Been Up To?

I am not going to lie. It is a little weird not working full time. It is a weird transition to what I have become so accustomed to. I am so used to running around ragged, barely having time (and energy) to keep up on the necessities of life like grocery shopping (Cooking? What's that?) and laundry. Luckily Scott was so good at helping with all that while I was working.

I have been determined not to be lazy while I had some time off! I made a list of things I wanted to get done and I have finished a lot of it.

It has been awesome to do things during the day that I usually had to give up or not be a part of.

For example ...
 ^^ The Tour of Utah bike race went right by my house one day. I was able to meet up with Scott and his co-workers (he works right near our house) and watch them go by.
 ^^ My mom was in town for a week or so (we love matching. ha.). It was so nice getting to spend time with my mom that I normally don't get. We were able to help Stephanie set up her classroom for the upcoming school year. 
 ^^ This past weekend I went to Swiss Days with my in-laws. It was so fun to go to all the shops and see what all the hype was about!

Did I mention that I have been productive too? I have cleaned an organized closets and areas of my house that I have put off for 2 years. Oh, I have also got re-acquainted with grocery shopping and laundry. ... And I made freezer another set of freezer meals and freezer jam. Who am I now?!?

^^ We will get 14 meals out of these, plus jam to last us for a year!

The break hasn't been all fun though. I got my second round of gum grafts done and I have had lots of doctors and dental appointments.

^^ I pretty much iced for 3 days straight. 

Despite the adjustment, overall, I have been so grateful for this month off. I am so grateful for a supportive husband who says I "deserve" this. I don't know about that, but it has been so nice being able to remember that life doesn't have to be stressful and to get the projects done that I've been wanting to do for years.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I loved this post. I'm so happy you are enjoying your yourself and getting to do things that you've been wanting to do! Love you girl!