Sunday, April 13

{ happy valley }

This past weekend I took a trip to happy valley. No. I am not talking about Utah. I do sports information for the athletic department at BYU, specifically working with the gymnastics team. Because the team made it to the NCAA Regionals, I had the opportunity to travel to Pennsylvania with them this weekend. The competition was held at Penn State University. Apparently they call the valley (which really isn't a valley) that Penn State is in "Happy Valley." They even have shirts at the college bookstore that say happy valley. I got a kick out of it cause I live in happy valley in Utah. I just can't get away I guess.

Pennsylvania is the farthest back east that I have ever gone. It was a very short trip though, traveling two of the four days we were gone. There wasn't that much time for site seeing and such. But if you have ever been to State College, Pennsylvania, you know there isn't too much to see anyway. Driving in though I did see the Sesquahanna River and an amish man farming. The scenery, of what I saw, is very pretty. I'm sure the falls are georgous.

Before the competition on Saturday I had about an hour to kill so I decided to walk around campus, find the bookstore and look at the really cool buildings. The campus is beautiful with so many old buildings with cool architecture. Here are a couple pictures that I took.

This is the Nitany Lion Inn. It was so cute and quaint. We ate breakfast here one day. So yummy!



Here are some buildings on campus.





This was my favorite. It is actually a frat house. I loved it so much that I was tempted to join just so I could live there.

Proof that I actually was in Pennsylvania. Sorry I'm all in my BYU get-up. It was the day of the meet.

The only photo of the "scenery" I had a chance to take.

4 comments:

Yours Truly said...

k LOVE the frat house. haha. It looks really pretty there!!

Adrienne & Scott said...

Fun! The buildings ARE cool!

emily kate said...

Great pictures! Loosk like a beatiful campus. You'll be going farther east than that when you come visit me in NYC right?? :)

rachel said...

how cool! i love that campus. what a fun trip.