Tuesday, May 13

{ anyone? }

I have come to the conclusion...I need a hobby. I have a lot of extra time on my hands now that I don't have school and work is kind of slow. Looking for a new job only take so much time of your day. And the over achiever in me is pretty much going crazy with nothing productive to do. I really want to make a quilt, but I don't have access to a sewing machine. I would love to decorate, but my living situation is temporary. And I don't really like all those cutesy pointless crafts. Anyone have ideas?

6 comments:

Kim said...

Something I like to do is mess around on photoshop. If you don't have the program find a friend that's good with computers and they will probably be able to get a pirated version off the internet. Then you can just look up photoshop tutorials on the internet to find out how to do cool things in the program. Haha well that's what I like to do.

Kim said...

Or go to the campus book store and you can get the whole adobe suite for only like $200! It's the "student version", but it's exactly the same as the normal one which is $1,200.

{lex} said...

Hey Lisa,
I enjoy digital scrapbooking. I am able to do my blog background, journal (pictures to go along with journal entry). There are a bunch of site that you can download stuff for free. My favorite is www.shabbyprincess.com. Go to the gallery and it will show you what I mean by "digital scrapbooking". there is a gal in my ward here in Dallas that is really good at it and she and her sister have a printing business online that prints the whole 12 x 12 page for around $2.25. What a steal for a whole 12 x 12 scrapbook layout. What I love about the dig scrapbooking is that for somebody like me that isn't very good at the regular scrapbooking, I can be good at the dig scrapbooking. I know you can use photoshop for the layouts or what I use Microsoft Publisher. Email me if you have any other questions. www.alexisbassi@gmail.com
Talk to you later
Lex

Adrienne & Scott said...

Shopping's always a fun hobby! Haha! Wish I had extra time on my hands. You could paint me a picture! Ha! You should go to Roberts or Michaels to get some ideas. I'm sure something will spark your imagination. See you soon!!!

Lori said...

I know one! This is one that I am dying to get into, but don't have the time yet. I think it would be so much fun to take cake decorating classes and experiment at home. Good luck finding something you enjoy!

rachel said...

thats easy! get on a plane, fly to NY, come see me. there are a million things to do out here. you would love it! other than that..hummm...i guess i dont really know what free time is.