Some of the highlights of the week (besides seeing Scott and Adrienne) included the following:
-Getting to spend the night in a sweet hotel right on the magnificent mile. We got it off priceline for super cheap. Definately want to do that again. The view out of our window was amazing...we even slept with the drapes open.
-Seeing the "bean" in person. I have always wanted to see it in person. The reflection is totally trippy (do people even say that word still?) underneath. You can't even see how high it actually goes. And you can see your reflection in like four different places.
-Seeing Lake Michigan in person. It is beautiful. So blue. It looks like the ocean.
-Finding the neghborhood I want to live in some day (or something like it). All of the homes had such character and the neighborhood was so quaint.
-Seeing the Home Alone house in person.
-Seeing where Oprah films!
-Experiencing real Chicago pizza from Giradanos! Mmmm.
-Shopping! A Johnson vacation is not complete without some shopping. Chicago has one of my favorite stores, H&M, so I was excited to go there. Oh and if you think I bought a pair of $80 heels at Nine West for $13 you're right.
So those are just a few highlights of the trip. I had so much fun and want to go back soon. Thanks YaYa for such a great time! Here are some pictures of the trip.
The "bean" in downtown Chi-town.
My wonderful hosts and tourguides!
Crown fountain. The peoples' expressions change.
The Home Alone house.
The view from our hotel room and our room.
Lake Michigan.
4 comments:
How fun! Love the Home Alone pic. And you're going to come visit me in NY right???
Thanks for coming! We had a fun time! Hope you did too! Come back soon!!!
Looks like you had a blast! I've never been farther east then Colorado, so I am totally JEALOUS! I want to go so bad!
LOVE IT!! I am so jealous!!
Post a Comment