Wednesday, October 1

{ a long time coming }

So it now has been way too long since my last post. Sad to say I don’t have anything exciting going on with my life. I feel am not the typical blogger. I am not married, engaged, pregnant, have kids, etc., etc. Just me. But, in lieu of a friend’s recent post about people getting a false impression of people’s lives through blogging...I thought I would give the un-cut version of my life.

Right now I am completely living by faith. I don’t know exactly where I need to be and what I need to be doing with my life. I always thought when I graduated from college I would know what I was doing. Nope. Not so much. And after going to institute last night, I realized just how much my life is not what I thought it would be like at this time in my life. I have decided to move to Salt Lake City. Not sure if this is quite where I am supposed to be. But it doesn’t feel wrong and so I am kind of going with it.

Pretty much this entire month I have been searching for a job. I know everyone knows how much it sucks to find a job so I won’t really elaborate on this too much. I have probably applied (or sent my resume) to about 50 places now. It has definitely taken a toll on me. Especially since I feel I am completely qualified and competent to do the jobs I have applied for. I want a job I enjoy, but I also feel I can't be too picky in this economy right now. I finally did get two interviews within the past week that are promising. It was nice finally getting some response. So we will see.

Right now also I am homeless so to say. I am living with my best friend and her family until I/we find an apartment/house in Salt Lake. I am so grateful for their hospitality (they have been so nice and generous), but I can’t wait to have a place of my own again.

One thing that has been so nice though is how close I am living to my sister Lindsey and her family. It is so fun just to be able to “drop in” and chat with my sister and play with my two little nieces. Those little girls make my day. I also had my birthday this month and they were so excited for it. Their excitement alone made my birthday!! They even decorated their kitchen with streamers and balloons the night before my birthday (complete with birthday hats). It made me remember how exciting birthdays are for little children. Kylie had even called me twice before I made it over to their house asking me where I was. We went to lunch, went shopping and of course had Costco cake (a Johnson birthday is not complete without Costco cake). Lindsey let them pick out the design of the cake. I thought it was adorable because what they picked out was not usually what the typical birthday cake looks like. And then whoever wrote "Happy Birthday Lisa" on the cake for some reason thought it was supposed to say "Happy Birthday USA." They probably thought we were crazy.

Here is a picture of the cake, the girls with Lindsey (you can see the streamers and all the pictures they colored), and us with the birthday hats.


So that is my life right now in a nutshell. Hopefully things will change soon so I can have something more exciting to share. And sorry for the forever long post.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday USA! That's hilarious. I knew that was a Costco cake as soon as I saw the picture because I know how much you love it! I'm glad you updated. I've been wondering what you were up to. I admire your faith in jumping into the unknown. I know it doesn't make you feel better right now, but partly what gets me through some of the days here is realizing that someday I'll look back and this will all make sense.

(this is natter by the way)

DaNae said...

Now I have a total craving for costco cake. Yummy. Life is CRAZY huh? Just when Ben and I think we know what we are doing, everything changes. Sometimes I wonder, when is our grown up, stable, picket fence life going to start?! I love you girl and everything will work out for you.

Nycole said...

Lisa, you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be! I had the same confusion and all of that stuff. Its hard to know where you are supposed to be when there are a million places you could. I did the same thing, went with what didn't feel wrong. Things will work out how they are supposed to for you!

Adrienne & Scott said...

Hey USA! I can see how they got USA out of Lisa. The girls are so cute! I'm so jealous that you live so close to them! Hang in there. Things WILL work out!! Love you!

The Grimmett's said...

Happy Birthday late! Love the cake!

The Simon Fam! said...

I love that cake- the umbrella was not my idea! We love having you so close. Its fun to have you just drop by- of course I love that you always bring me a diet coke too :) Hope you had a great birthday. I know the girls loved decorating and celebrating.

Doug & Stef said...

Happy late birthday! Those girls are too cute. Pres. Eyring said something in conference that I lived by last year and I couldn't believe he said it - he stole it from me. "Faith is a decision." Sometimes when we struggle, we just have to decide to be better than we are and do it. I know you will - I admire your honesty cute girl!

Anna P. said...

Lisa I am a terrible friend and forgot to wish you a happy birthday, so here it is, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Big HUG)! Better late then never I guess...story of my life. Ha! Well I love you soo much and love reading your blog. Single mormon girls are people too, and have quite a life to blog about! You're great! Keep up the good work!