Thursday, December 31

{ party like its 1999 }

... excuse me. I mean 2009.

Has a whole decade really gone by? Wow. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that people were worrying about Y2K.


So much has happened within the last 10 years. For starters I started driving, had my first date (and pretty much last date because of its non-existence in my life. Ha.), graduated from high school, moved away from home, went on my first road trip with friends, lived in Hawaii for 3 months, graduated from college and got a full-time job. And those are just the major things that have happened.

Sometimes I wish life were more simple like it was for me in 1999, but I honestly wouldn't want to relive these past ten years either.
I like how it turned out just fine!


So here is to another decade. I'm sure it will be just as fun, interesting, challenging, and exciting as this past 10 years have
been .... and hopefully it will never bring back this hideous hair-do
I had going on in 1999.


(New Year's Eve 1999)

5 comments:

The Grimmett's said...

Love the pic!

Happy 2010!

DaNae said...

I was thinking about y2k just yesterday! How funny. Have an awesome new years!

Celeste said...

Love it Lisa! I just wanted to add to your list of things you've done in the last couple years- Running a marathon! I love your dedication to taking care of yourself!

Love you girl! Sooo glad the Y2K bug didn't wipe us all out!

Liz and Brad Ashby said...

hahaha, I do not think I have actually ever seen that picture! I love it!!!

janel said...

Totally hilarious on New Years I was with a handful of peeps and we said - where were you ten years ago - and I answered quickly Greenacres Jr. High wearing my "I survived the Y2K bug T-Shirt"! I'm glad we documented it too!