Wednesday, October 20

boots with the furrrr

So I went on another blind date Saturday night  I think my count is like up to 468, give or take a few (hundred). I am happy to report I have no crazy stories from this one. He was normal. Just no sparks for me I guess.

That is besides the point. I'll not be discussing the date itself, but rather my choice of footwear for the evening. At one point during the night my date commented on my boots and asked if I had any with fur on them. I couldn't tell if he was making fun of them or complimenting them. Not that I care. I love my riding boots . I think he was just fishing for conversation (maybe?).

Anyway, back to the boots. I find it amusing that the only comments I get are from males. I think guys just don't know what to think when it comes to this trend...or if they do have an opinion it is a very strong one, whether for and against them. Whatever it is. I pretty much only receive comments about my boots from men.

Fast forward to Tuesday. I just happen to wear said boots (Steve Madden's Intyce to be exact) to work. I was going about my business as usual helping one of our sweet, elderly volunteers out with parking passes when he commented on my boots. Naturally. He told me he liked them and graciously I said thank you, continuing to work on the passes. He then proceeded to tell me he has tried to convince his wife to buy some. I was a little surprised as he is probably in his mid 70's. I said, Oh ya? She doesn't like them?. He goes, Ya she thinks they're too trendy. I think they're hot.

Hot?  I didn't know how to react to that one. I mean how do you respond to that? A man nearly fifty years your senior calling your boots hot. I think I just responded the the effect of, Well I gotta keep up with the trends I guess (Enter crickets due to awkward silence).

Moral of the story is, if you are ever in need of conversation, attention or just a good laugh make sure you wear some boots. You never know what kind of comments people...or should I say males...will make.

3 comments:

Johnson's said...

This is too funny! Like I said age doesn't matter. Even the old men think you're HOT! Keep on wearing your boots! Love ya MOM

The Grimmett's said...

This made my day! :)

Angelique said...

Oh my goodness. I wish I knew who the volunteer was. Too funny!

p.s. Your blog is really fun to read.