Friday, December 17

blonde moments

It is no secret. I am a blonde (as in my haircolor).

I like to claim that I am not blonde (as airhead).

Though I have gotten really good at playing the stupid girl card in auto stores and other "un-girlie" places to get help. For example getting my windshield wipers changed for me when I am completely capable of doing that myself. Being blonde just is an added bonus in that situation. Those are different stories for a different time though.

Recently I have had many a blonde moments. All completely unintentional.

Exhibit A: It is a busy time of year at work, with two major sports in season and with the holidays in full force ...  parties and dinners to help out with. Last week I was helping move boxes back and forth of memorabilia for a dinner we had honoring Elder Holland. The memorabilia included things such as photos, plaques and a this trophy.

As we were moving the boxes and such back to the building I work in, I picked up the trophy to carry it. It was tall, fairly large and had a football on the top of it. Didn't look like anything too special to me. Just another trophy.

A co-worker made a comment to the effect and warning me that people might stop me to get their picture taken with this trophy. I laughed and started walking out the door. I thought they were joking. She continued to say that my other co-worker was stopped (to get a picture of this trophy) as she had brought it over in the first place.

I was confused.

I held up the trophy to study it closer and asked, Wait. What is this?

Everyone started laughing.

It was the 1984 National Championship Trophy.

Good thing I hadn't dropped it. I think I would have jeopardized my employment status if that would have happened.

Carefully carrying the trophy back after the Elder Holland dinner.

3 comments:

Yours Truly said...

cute skirt! And I think you spelt blonde wrong!!

lisa elizabeth said...

According to spell check it is supposed to be blond ... but i thought it had an "e" too.

AllyM said...

I just had someone put my windshield wipers on for me....