I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,but people will never forget how you made them feel.
-Maya Angelou
All I have to say is amen sista!
This is probably a really random post, but it's been on my mind.
I've been thinking a lot about how people treat each other.
How one person can affect others so significantly
Both positively and negatively.
We all have either been apart of it or a spectator of it.
How you make people feel is huge.
Belittling them will not make them respect you.
Only fear you or disregard everything you say.
Not very Christlike if I say so myself.
People can put on masks but they eventually wear off.
And your true character shines through.
It has had me thinking of how I treat my peers, family, friends co-workers and strangers.
All I have control over is myself.
Not others. Not their actions or their words.
Sometimes I wish I did, but I don't.
I've realized how much your actions can really affect those around you and because of that I'm going to try to be better at how I treat those around me.
How you make people feel is huge.
Belittling them will not make them respect you.
Only fear you or disregard everything you say.
Not very Christlike if I say so myself.
People can put on masks but they eventually wear off.
And your true character shines through.
It has had me thinking of how I treat my peers, family, friends co-workers and strangers.
All I have control over is myself.
Not others. Not their actions or their words.
Sometimes I wish I did, but I don't.
I've realized how much your actions can really affect those around you and because of that I'm going to try to be better at how I treat those around me.
P.S. Brownie points for whoever knows what TV show the title is from...
3 comments:
I second this post!
And I want brownies.
But don't know the answer.
DANG.
I heart you.
<3 natterpants
Steph: Answer is Family Matters.
Post a Comment