Thursday, April 21

Alarming Discovery

Last night I went shopping with one of my friends. After which we decided to go to Yogurtland, my new favorite place, to catch up. I mean if anything involving frozen yogurt I'm there! It's sad that we live together and we have to make a froyo date to see each other.

Anyway, we had driven separately and I had made a light so I got to the parking lot before her. I just waited in my car until I saw her. When I did I grabbed my keys, purse and opened the car door.

Instantly my car alarm started going off.

PANIC!

I didn't even know my car alarm actually worked.
I've always wondered when I would see that red light flashing.
Well, after two years of owning my car, I finally got my answer.
So did everyone in Yogurtland.

I quickly got my car keys out and put the key in the ignition and turned the engine on. At least that is how I've known in the past how to turn off a car alarm.

My little Honda must have a special alarm system because it was still honking while the car was on.
I had no idea how to turn it off.

NO IDEA!

I still don't know how I turned it off. But I finally did after two minutes of the most annoying sound in the world ... it stopped. My apologies to everyone in Yogurtland who had to listen to it.

That was one of the most embarrassing moment of my life.
Second only to the time when I got stuck in a water slide.  
Yep I really did. Don't judge.

At least I was able to sit and eat my Yogurtland with peace of mind knowing my car was protected.
Those frozen yogurt places can sometimes be a dangerous place, you know. Especially in Utah.

4 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Hahaha, I love this!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ohh Yogurtland yummmm! Glad the car is okay :)

Lindsey said...

Yum, I love fro-yo. AHAHA sorry about the alarm, I always freak out if mine ever goes off and panic as well. You aren't alone! I've done way worse embarassing things in my day, so you have nothing to be worried about. Great blog!

janel said...

I just went to seven peaks by the way (sight of said water park incident) today to talk to the marketing guys - who also happen to be Mark and Dan from Ashley's wedding in Califonia. Good memories on both accounts but much better of you climbing back up the slide and the 13 yr old attendant totally making fun of you.