Tuesday, April 19

Chicago. Chi-Town. Windy City. Smelly Onion?

Did you know that Chicago means smelly onion in native american? Welp you do now.

I am fully aware that native american is not a language. I just can't remember what tribe it translates from.

Anyway, I'm back from Chicago. And let me tell you they're not kidding when they call it the Windy City. I almost got blown away Mary Poppins style on our way to the Sears (now Willis) Tower. Despite the uncooperative weather and missing our flight on our way out, my trip to Chicago was way fun!

It was so much fun seeing Yaya, Scott and little Savannah.They were such great hosts. They took us all over the city. They have the sweetest setup in downtown Chi-Town. Yep. I rhyme now too.

A night and a day view from their balcony. 
They have an amazing view.







We did all the tourist-y stuff. Willis Tower. United Center. The Bean. Crown Fountain. Magnificent Mile. Home Alone house. Family Matter's house. Wrigley Field. My favorite thing we did, though, was go on a boat tour on the Chicago river and onto Lake Michigan. It's such a beautiful city. We also shopped a lot. Like a lot. a lot. I think Scott about fell over when I told him I was shopped out. More like out of money but whatev.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend...

In front of the Michael Jordan statue, 
Savannah in her "bubble". She is such a trooper. 
And the Family Matter's House. Unfortunately Carl Winslow wasn't home.

Me and Scotty atop the willis tower. Not to be confused with the other Scott's in my life...
my dad Scott, my brother-in-law Scott and my brother Scottie.
That glass thing you walk on and look out over the streets/buildings below is super scary. 
And Adrienne, Scott and Savannah ... our tour guides.

On the boat tour on the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. As you can tell Savannah is a momma's girl 
and didn't want anything to do with me holding her. She loves me though (from a distance).

Savannah snuggling up to her daddy... and more boat tour.



I miss it already...mostly the people there. 

Thanks again Adrienne, Scott and Savannah for a fun trip!

13 comments:

Lori said...

You went to the Home Alone House?! That is in my ward, literally five minutes away. I should have told you to stop by if you were up this way, but I figured you would be having way too much fun with your sister. I had no idea that the Family Matter's house was in Chicago. That is now on my to do list. We have done the boat tour and loved it as well. So glad that you had a good time, even with the not so springy weather!

Lori said...

Wait a minute... who is this new Scott?!

Unknown said...

Next stop: SEATTLE

from head 2 toe said...

Looks like fun! Ever since the movie "The Breakup" I've been wanting to go on a boat tour of Chicago!

Adrienne & Scott said...

I prefer "smelly onion" myself. So glad you were able to visit us in the Chi! We had lots of fun! And it was good to meet and get to know Scotty with a "y". And yes, just like Steph said, next stop Seattle!!!

Lindsey Simon said...

I think I would freak in that glass elevator!! Holy crap! Looks like you all had a great time!!

Emily Kate said...

I'm here to echo Lori's sentiment. Who is this man with his arm around you! I need some pillow talk.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I love Chicago.

If I'm not mistaken your friend Scotty went to BYU-I...he was a "Shelborn South Tower" boy. We weren't friends, but he's friends with my friends...small world!

DaNae said...

you got some rad pics! Um, I think your next stop should be ATLANTA! I'll show you a good time.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

What a beautiful city and phenomenal photos!!

Anonymous said...

yay for travelling! and i love all the pictures!

jenny said...

Ummmm you guys are cute!!! Love the pics.

Jenalee said...

You know Chicago is an easy 3 hours from Indy, right? One of these times you need to come see us!