Friday, April 29

The Royal Wedding

If you think I woke up at 3 a.m. to watch the Royal Wedding ... you're right. Just like so many other girls in America I just couldn't miss this. I mean with all this English blood I have in me I told Gillian I needed to support my people.

Let's be honest. I went back to bed after she walked down the isle. All I really wanted to see was her dress, which did not disappoint. Classy. Classy. Classy.

I loved all of the formal-ness of everything. Though I am so glad I don't have to live like that, in a world that has become way too casual in a lot of things, it was a breath of fresh air.


Did you watch? What was your favorite part?

9 comments:

Emily Kate said...

I wasn't feeling well so I was up at 3 AM anyway! I thought it was so lovely. Her dress was so classy and sexy without being at all trashy. Loved that it had sleeves and that the bridesmaid's dress did too and still looked chic. My favorite part was when she got to the end of the aisle and you could read William's lips saying "You look beautiful." Ahh so cute! I didn't think I really cared that much about the wedding but man I got sucked right in and have been watching the highlights and looking at the photos all morning. So pretty!

from head 2 toe said...

I loved how almost beautifully siple it was. The dress was perfect. The flowers weren't over the top. I just thought it was perfect, with a tiny touch of Princess.

DaNae said...

I watched every minute! Loved when prince William saw her and he whispered something like you look stunning.

Unknown said...

I think my FAVORITE part was either:
A. WIlliam's face. He was so giddy the entire time, even before the kiss.
B. The little bridesmaid who kept covering her ears because of all the chanting. HILAR!

Love you!

Jenni said...

I totally set my alarm clock and turned on my TV to watch some of the wedding...I loved it! I am fascinated by the royals in general but the new genereation are very intriguing. I LOVED Kate's dress...she looked fantastic and you could tell they were genuinely happy. This was no arranged marriage!

Whim Wham Life said...

My favorites: The dress and all of the crazy hats everyone was wearing, AND of course, all of the romance:-) xoxo

meme-and-he said...

I DID watch!! Thankfully it was on at 6am for me, so I just woke up early. I just LURVED her dress. so much. and I loved when they paraded all through the streets. So great :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh my gosh she is just so stunning! And such a class act. I thought she looked fabulous and Pippa was smokin' hot too!

Sara B said...

I could look at pictures of her's and Pippa's dress all day long. So gorgeous.