Thursday, May 26

confess sesh

Here goes a little confession session from yours truly...

I confess ... I google. A lot. Recent searches include but are not limited to: Kim Kardashian’s Engagement Ring, Tiffany Blue Wrapping Paper, Homemade Ice Cream Recipes and Euro to Dollar Converter.

I confess ... This morning when I woke up I made a resolution not to have a Diet Coke. That officially lasted 5 hours. I blame Lia.

I confess ...  I tend to prefer shopping alone. Remember how in junior high you would meet all your BFF's at the mall to shop? That was never me. I'd rather go solo most of the time.

I confess ...  I don't get Pinterest. I don't get how it works/why it's the new thing. Will someone puh-lease explain it to me?

I confess ... I have this obsession with magazines. I love them. There is just something about the random facts of information that I can't get enough. Writing for a magazine like Self would be a dream come true (hello editors. are you reading this?!?!?!)

I confess ...  sometimes secretly wish I was a teacher so I can have summers off. ... or I was a trust-fund child so I wouldn't have to work at all.

I confess ...  I use the calculator on my phone more than any college graduate should.

I confess ... I covet girls with long, thick hair and dream of the day when mine will be that way (which by the way will be the day after NEVER).


I confess ... I can't think of anything else. Is it Friday yet? My mind has already shut down for the week. 

But... What is a blog post without a picture? Especially of my cute niece.

I mean what more does a girl need??

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Pineterst? NEver heard of it. Should I have?
NEver make a resolution not to have diet coke again.
I love shopping alone. Maybe thats why we're sisters.

Courtney is so hilarious and so freakin cute.

Jenni said...

What a cutie!!! She is adorable! I have tried to figure out Pinterest...I actually think it's pretty cool. It's being able to save images of things in one place instead of bookmarking things individually. I just can't figure out how to get the "Pinner" into my tool bar! I also love magazines...love to read them while I'm running on my treadmill. My runs go much better if I have a brand new one to read for some reason. While I love shopping with my girlfriends, I agree there is something to be said about shopping alone. Its kinda fun! It was fun reading all your "confessions!" =)

Adrienne & Scott said...

I've never heard of Pinterest either. And speaking of Self Magazine, they were in the park by our house last weekend doing a ginormous workout in the park. It looked so fun! Love the pic!

from head 2 toe said...

Thanks for the post. I guess Pintrest is a place where you just "pin" pictures that you. You can go for a theme, or just random things you enjoy. Sounds like a big waste of time in front of a screne to me!
Happy Thursday!

Maggie said...

Lisa I've been wanting to suggest pinterest to you but it sounds like you've at least heard of it. I'm obsessed with it. It is my most favorite thing...it's like the new facebook to me. I'm on it all the time and constantly pinning things. I read tons of style and design blogs and when I see images or posts that I want to have access to later I pin it to a board and then it keeps the link alive so I can easily find it later. WEDDING INSPIRATION! HOME DECOR! STYLE! DIYs! It's a way to keep everything organized. I thought you would love it. Keep trying and follow my pins!

Twitter on the other hand I do not get at all.

Monica McCoy said...

Ya, I need a Pinterest tutorial too.

Emily Kate said...

I'm actually thinking of writing a post explaining pinterest because I've had to do it a lot. Basically it's awesome because it's a way to visually bookmark everything you come across on the internet you want to remember. And you categorize them into boards based on what you care about: recipes, fashion, etc. So just for organizing it's great for me. And I like that it pins the pictures because it makes it easier to find what I'm looking for. The other reason it's great is I get all these cool ideas that my friends and other people are pinning so I find tons of new inspiration just looking around on there. Hope that helps. I'm totally addicted. :)

Misses Barlow said...

i apologize for being such a bad influence on the diet coke thing... but let's be honest, we can't live without it. ever. and what the heck is pinterested? i guess i'll stay a loser and not know.

Lachele said...

I tried to give up diet coke for an entire year once... it didn't even last 10 minutes before I forgot about it. Straight up.

P.S-- you're adorable. Love your blog. Let's be friends...mmkay!
xo