Tuesday, May 31

memorial getaway

 

I need to learn how to be more spontaneous because, let's be honest, I usually am the one to miss out because of it. I usually analyze everything/worry about the things I won't be able to get done.

Not this time.

I am so glad I broke out of my norm and went to St. George for the holiday weekend.
I needed a break. And the sunshine!

I would have missed out on so much...

Laying by the pool literally all day Saturday ... Obtaining a much needed tan line!
Singing us some karaoke until 2 a.m. ... Steph rocked Fergie's My Humps!
Going to Nielsen's Frozen Custard. Twice ... Judge me.
Eating BBQ for three days straight ... Wow. And I wonder why my pants are tighter latelyt?!?!
My first trip to Zion's National Park ... Why have I never been there before?
My first hike in Zions ... Breathtaking
Sleeping in for 3 days straight ... Glorious!
And more pool time on Monday ...  Need I say more?
 





See I would have missed out on all the fun!
And from the sounds of it I did not miss out on one thing

Unless you consider constant rain and snow missing out. Ya ... me either.

So do me a favor, will ya? Next time I am wishy washy on whether or not to go or do anything reach through that little screen of yours and tell me to live a little!

Please and thank you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot to add how diet coke (and basically every yummy drink) was in every mini fridge we opened!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

OOOH, now you've got me wanting to go to St. George! GORGEOUS images!

from head 2 toe said...

What a fun weekend! I recognize Bree in your photo! She married a boy from my home stake, and we graduated the same year! How funny!
xoxo

Misses Barlow said...

live a little... let's go to vegas next weekend! j/k. had so much fun with you girls! xo

love_b said...

You girls are too cute!! Hope you enjoyed your getaway and I am glad you were able to go!