Thursday, July 7

The 4th on The Coast

*Warning: Picture Overload

The 4th of July is designated family vacation time for the Johnson's. This year's destination happened to be the Oregon Coast. I can not tell you how happy I was as the plane landed in the Northwest. I couldn't stop smiling. Even though I haven't been in Portland since I was like 12 ... I felt like I was home.

We had time to kill before we could check in to our condo so Scotty and I met up with my parents and went to the Saturday Market in downtown Portland. Oregon doesn't get it's stereotype of being hyppie and granola for nothing. I definitely wasn't in Utah anymore.


This guy was walking around with this snake on his neck. So gross!



After the the shock of the market (and a quick trip to H&M) we headed to the coast and met up with the rest of my family. The condo looked directly onto the beach. It was heavenly. The rest of the weekend was pretty much spent on the beach taking walks, making sand castles and searching for seashells. I even went on a six-mile run along the beach. I mean could anything be better than that? One day we took a drive up to Cannon Beach. It is such a cute/quaint town. I could spend hours walking up and down main street.

Don't I have the cutest parents?! Love them!

We spent the actual 4th of July at Rockaway Beach (which is where the condo was). We experienced the epitome of small town America. It was perfect for Independence Day. They had a community parade during the day and later that evening everyone made their way to the beach to have campfires and set off fireworks. The town put on a pretty good fireworks show too.

If you look closely the man on the bike is wearing a Canada shirt. On America's Independence day? Hmm.
We attempted s'mores but it got way too messy. Allison got it all over (even in her hair) There was also so much smoke on the beach from the fires and fireworks. My eyes were burning by the end of the night. Oh well.


And then of course we needed a family picture.
Scott and Scottie weren't there. We sure missed them.

9 comments:

henning love said...

i love your blog lisa, i just started following! looks like you had a great 4th of july enjoying the northwest, love the beautiful views of the coast
meg
henninglove.blogspot.com

DaNae said...

Oh it looks so pretty! Great pictures Lisa! And you and Scotty are sooooooooo cute together!

Katelyn said...

ummm, hello fab vacation! What beautiful pictures lisa! love the pic of you and scotty!

from head 2 toe said...

Looks like tons of fun! Also, is Stephanie really that tall!? I don't remember her that tall.. ha ha Work it girl!

Fackrell Fam said...

I have to agree with your DaNae friend...you and Scotty look so cute together!!! I am glad you guys had a good trip! Now you just need to come on one of our family trips!!!!

jenny said...

I LOVE THESE PHOTOS. Your parents are adorable, yes. And so are you and Scotty. Such pretty people on this blog all the time.

Lindsey Simon said...

Those are some great pics! Especially you and Scotty :) What a cute couple! Send me attachments of the ones of the kids :) It was such a fun trip!

Laura said...

The northwest is always so beautiful! Great pictures.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Those kiddies are super cute! You have such a beautiful family and I LOVE your gingham top!